So, you're headed out into the great big world with your little one-- oh baby, this should be fun. Trying to remember everything you need may seem next to impossible due to exhaustion brought on by changing diapers late at night and early morning wake up calls.
Before you embark on your adventure, take a step back and remember: packing a diaper bag varies depending on a child's age, time you plan on being away from home, and your destination. Although, it may seem like being over-prepared is a good idea, carrying an over-packed baby bag can be as much as a burden as forgetting an essential item. We suggest keeping things simple and include only the bare necessities, which we've carefully curated for you in the list below.
Items you should always carry in your diaper bag, include:
- Changing pad
- Sippy cup of milk, water, or juice
- Extra clothes
- Baby powder
- One comfort item: blanket, stuffed animal, etc
- Sunscreen or a hat for summer
- Extra layers for fall
- Gloves and hat for winter
- Diaper rash cream
. Sample sizes are great, and take up less space.
- Sling or wrap for carrying your baby
- First-aid kit
And a few things for you...
- W,P,K: Throw in a wallet, your phone, and keys so you can avoid carrying a large purse.
- Spare charger
- Energy bar
- Water bottle